“Ok. I’m bored in the house and I’m in the house bored. Bored in the house and I’m in the house bored.” If you recognize this jingle you’re probably in the house bored too. Interestingly enough, boredom sometimes leads to discovery and in this case I happened to discover the Samuel L. Jackson setting on the Amazon Alexa.
When one thinks of movies, one also thinks of Samuel L. Jackson- the topics come hand in hand. To date Jackson holds at least 133 movie credits under his belt since the start of career in 1972 and then becoming a recognized star with Quentin Tarantino‘s Pulp Fiction (1994). With theaters around the world closed and close to all productions for anything upcoming at a halt, we won’t be seeing any new Samuel Jackson action for a while.
There were a few upcoming films slated for 2020 -2021 that had his name in the casting. But for now were rewatching the classics and enjoying our robot assistant, Alexa, that lets us experience Samuel reading us the news, telling us the weather and cracking us some jokes. And it only a $1(+tax). Sounds productive to me!
Here’s how to set it up:
• Start by saying “Alexa, introduce me to Samuel L. Jackson”
• You’ll hear a 30-second introduction.
• Alexa will say it costs $1 plus tax and if you’d like to buy the voice.
• Say “Yes.”
• Choose whether you want explicit or clean language
Wala! Now go at it with the commands.
• Alexa, ask Sam Jackson to tell a joke.
• Alexa, ask Sam Jackson the weather.
• Alexa, ask Sam Jackson to sing jingle bells.
• Alexa, ask Samuel for the news.
You can browse more things to say to Samuel here.