Disney’s WALL-E will be apart of Criterion’s collection, according to ComingSoon. The animated sci-fi-styled film will release in 4K UHD and on Blu-Ray as a unique package on November 22, 2022.
This special offering of WALL-E will also contain:
- Two audio commentaries: one featuring Stanton and the other character supervisor Bill Wise, co-producer Lindsey Collins, story artist Derek Thompson, and lead animator Angus MacLane
- New programs on Stanton’s cinematic influences and production designer Ralph Eggleston’s color scripts
- Tour of the Pixar Living Archive with Stanton
- A behind-the-scenes look at the making of the film, including segments from early animation reels
- The Pixar Story (2007), a documentary by Leslie Iwerks
- More than a dozen documentaries exploring the film’s production and robots
- Anatomy of a Scene: The Plant, a masterclass with Stanton
- Wall-E: A to Z, a new program featuring Stanton and co-screenwriter Jim Reardon
- Deleted scenes featuring commentary by Stanton
- A Story (1987), a student film by Stanton
- Burn-E(2008), a short film by MacLane
WALL-E was released in 2008 and won the 2008 Academy Award for Best Animated Feature. It even earned the top spot in Time Magazine’s list of top movies of the 2000s.
WALL-E will be the first of hopefully many to join Criterion.