DaBaby Explains Why Security Punched Female Fan In His Latest Interview

Yesterday (Oct 2nd), DaBaby went on Power 105.1’s the Breakfast Club to speak about his latest project, Kirk — which, according to XXL, is projected to debut in the top spot on the Billboard 200 upon its first full week on the chart. Afterwards, The Breakfast Club addressed what happened during DaBaby’s performance in New Orleans on Saturday night (14:40-mark).

The word is that DaBaby’s security guard punched a female fan, but to further explain what really went down, DaBaby says to the talk show hosts,

Buddy was in there going crazy losing it, real talk! Buddy punched me, buddy punched like three people before he even punched me! And buddy happened to be ol’ girl, you get what I’m saying?” DaBaby explained. “But at the end of the day, what was [my security] supposed to do? Just let her…nah mean? And bruh, with crowds…That’s how much love I got for my fans. I know what can come of that.

Then, DaBaby goes to explain how it all happened.

We were walking off, got followed, got hit,” he said. “Boom! They tried to neutralize the situation. This was when somebody else got hit. We continued to walk off trying to get back to the front of the stage. Got hit again. Back of the head. That’s when boom, he turned and neutralized the situation and walked off and tried to continue the show.”

Initially, DaBaby and his team didn’t know that the fan was a woman until the tabloids got ahold of the story and spread it like wildfire. And when one of the host, Charlamagne The God asked if he felt bad, DaBaby responded with a “hell no.”

“Nah I ain’t feel bad.” DaBaby adds “What you hitting me for? I feel bad about the fact that it had to be a woman that it happened to, but at the end of the day, [security was doing their job.]”

In reference to the viral video, it shows the woman running up on DaBaby. From there, an arm can be seen reaching, in attempt to hit the rapper, and security reacts and begins to throw punches. Eventually, she was helped up and left the venue. Police were not called, but the show was shut down.